Washington DC Trips for Families & Summer Activities
What does summertime mean to you and your family? Outdoor movies on a grassy lawn? Dancing to live music? Cooling off inside and catching some theater? You’ll find all this and more when you visit DC in the summer. Here are some of our favorite seasonal activities for families.
• Military Bands – Various days at the National Mall
• U.S. Navy Band – Every Tuesday at the Navy Memorial Plaza
• Jazz in the Garden – Every Friday at the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden
• Lunchtime Concerts – Every Tuesday on the National Mall
• Screen on the Green – Every Monday July 20 to August 10 on the National Mall
• Films at the Stone – July 16 and August 27 at the Martin Luther King Memorial
• Capitol Riverfront Outdoor Movies – Thursdays through August 27 at Canal Park
• Book of Mormon – Through August 16 at the Kennedy Center
• UniverSoul Circus – Through July 19 at the National Harbor
• Peter Pan – Through August 16 at Tysons Corner Center
• Once – July 7 to August 16 at the Kennedy Center
• Capital Fringe Festival – July 9 to August 2 at various venues
• Dear Evan Hansen – July 10 to August 23 at Arena Stage
Washington DC trips are a popular choice for families in the summer. Would you like to know more about summer concerts, Washington DC attractions, or booking one of our excellent hotels? Please contact us today for more information and plan the family vacation that you deserve.